Waist pouch, cross body pouch or travel pouch, this Belt Bag is as versatile as it gets! It is large enough to accommodate all your essentials for a day out or for everyday use – keys, phone, wallet, make-up, glasses and pocket diary. Wear it around the waist, sling it across the body or remove the belt and use it as a travel pouch for your toiletries, make-up or electronics.
Made sustainably in India with approximately 10 discarded plastic bags.
We ship in Europe and the UK, shipping is free within Greece.
– The Makhna Belt Bag is made with used and discarded plastic.
– 100% organic, naturally dyed cotton is used for the bag, lining and belt.
– The belt is adjustable (to fit your body) and removable (to use the bag as a travel pouch).
– The bag has a zipped inner pocket large enough to fit your phone.
– We use durable YKK zips, both on and inside the bag.
– Because the Makhna Belt Bag is handmade, you may find certain imperfections in its symmetry and appearance. Please bear in mind that this enhances its uniqueness and makes each piece truly one of a kind!
– The colours may vary slightly from the image as we rely on discarded plastic bags that are available to us.
– The cotton fabric may fade with repeated washing depending on the colour as it is naturally dyed.
Hand wash or spot clean under cold running water. Do not machine wash.
All orders are dispatched within 1 week. It takes 7 – 10 days for deliveries in Europe and the UK. Read more about our shipping and returns here.
23.5cm x 12.5cm x 6cm (approximate)
175 g (approximate)
The plastic is collected from Bhangaar Wadas (waste collection points), washed and dried, cut into yarn and is finally hand woven by artisans on traditional looms at Khamir, Kutch.
It is then sewn under fair trade conditions by the Self Help Center in Mumbai in combination with organic cotton fabrics that are naturally dyed with herbs, fruits and vegetables.
To know more about the process, click here.