This bag is as versatile as it gets. Roomy and expandable, it can be used as a handbag and it has a longer, detachable strap so that it can be worn on the shoulder. It is large enough to carry all that you need for a day out or for everyday use – it can accommodate all your daily essentials along with a tablet or a 13” laptop.
Made sustainably in India with approximately 40 discarded plastic bags.
We ship in Europe and the UK, shipping is free within Greece.
– The Kukma Handbag is made with used and discarded plastic.
– 100% organic, naturally dyed cotton is used for the bag, lining and straps.
– The shoulder strap is removable.
– It has 2 compact inner pockets for your phone and wallet and a larger inner zipped pocket.
– We use durable YKK zips, both on and inside the bag.
– Because the Kukma Handbag is handmade, you may find certain imperfections in its symmetry and appearance. Please bear in mind that this enhances its uniqueness and makes each piece truly one of a kind!
– The colours may vary slightly from the image as we rely on discarded plastic bags that are available to us.
– The cotton fabric may fade with repeated washing depending on the colour as it is naturally dyed.
Hand wash or spot clean under cold running water. Do not machine wash.
All orders are dispatched within 1 week. It takes 7 – 10 days for deliveries in Europe and the UK. Read more about our shipping and returns here.
length: 30 cm (collapsed), 46 cm (expanded); height: 34 cm; width: 16 cm (approximate)
330 g (approximate)
The plastic is collected from Bhangaar Wadas (waste collection points), washed and dried, cut into yarn and is finally hand woven by artisans on traditional looms at Khamir, Kutch.
It is then sewn under fair trade conditions by the Self Help Center in Mumbai in combination with organic cotton fabrics that are naturally dyed with herbs, fruits and vegetables.
To know more about the process, click here.