The compact crossbody bag Akari is surprisingly roomy and super handy. And oh, it’s vegan and zero-waste too!
Handmade sustainably in India with approximately 40 discarded plastic bags.
The Akari compact crossbody bag is a modern, urban shoulder bag.
– One large secured inner pocket
– Two inner open pockets for easy access
– Adjustable organic cotton shoulder strap
– Organic cotton canvas lining
– YKK zippers made from recycled plastic
– Because the Akari compact crossbody bag is handmade, you may find certain imperfections in its symmetry and appearance. Please bear in mind that this enhances its uniqueness and makes each piece truly one of a kind!
– The colours may vary slightly from the image as we rely on discarded plastic bags that are available to us.
Hand wash or spot clean under cold running water. Do not machine wash.
Use only a natural or mild detergent as several components of the bag are naturally dyed.
Wash less – it’s better for the bag and for the environment!
Greece: Free shipping. Delivery usually within 2 weeks.
International: Delivery usually within 2 – 3 weeks.
Read more about our shipping and returns here.
azo-free dyed organic and fair trade cotton, locally retrieved plastic waste, locally sourced metal fittings, YKK zippers made from recycled plastic
height: 19 cm, length: 34 cm, width: 10 cm (approximate)
275 g (approximate)
The plastic is collected from Bhangaar Wadas (waste collection points), washed and dried, cut into yarn and is finally hand woven by artisans on traditional looms at Khamir, Kutch.
It is then sewn under fair trade conditions by the Self Help Center in Mumbai in combination with organic cotton fabrics that are naturally dyed with herbs, fruits and vegetables.
To know more about the process, click here.
And get a 10% discount on your first order!